Friday 25 August 2017

Making 'sense' of the GHC 324 million faulty SSNIT Software

Hearing in the news of a SSNIT payment 'transfiguration', my mind made me feel it was one of the 'normal' government appointee 'choppings' of a $660,000 in the name of a software. Even that I want to ask what kind of software will SSNIT need to cost that much? However I was shocked to the core when I realized that a life-changing whooping $72 million was used to buy a software. No oo, I mean GHC 324 million or 3.24 billion old cedis was used to buy a software. What? Did Bill Gates build gold-plated codes personally for this software? My good Lord!
Now to the crux of my issue. In a country with a 5-star science and tech university like KNUST, couldn't have the Computer Science Dept. helped get such a software at a less amount? I am sure my senior colleague old boy of Ghana National College, Mr. Jeff Bamba of Infoview Data Solutions could have built a better software for far far less? So sometimes don't our appointed government officials think through some of these things? How can you do this to this country? To hear that the software could have been purchased at $ 3.6 million, even beats my mind. Software? Ebei ooo
We are in a country where most pensioners cry foul about their end of service pay yet, the Trust they contribute into which pays them meagre accounts paid a whooping $ 72 million for one software, which is already becoming useless. I'm sure USA which has the Silicon Valley won't even buy a software at this stupid amount (pardon my language). Sometimes, some of these government appointees make us feel they lose their reasoning and bargaining ability, not to talk of patriotic sense, when they get into positions.
This money could have been used to reinforce collapsing existing industries or start a new factory in my Cape Coast North Constituency to give jobs to the youth or build pension club houses across the country to add value to the state of being a pensioner in Ghana. All these could have added to the already 'golden' coffers of SSNIT.
This money has been chopped by a group of people and for me they should 'vomit' it, not like Woyome's convenient 'vomiting' of the GHC 51 million he chopped. Let's begin to hold people accountable for all the 'foolishness' at the expense of the state. 
Source: www.opando

No comments:

Post a Comment